Thursday, 7 April 2011

Early voting day #1: all quiet on the western front

Day one of early voting failed to bring any change from the previous election. Voting activity remained the same, which would imply that no great tide of non-voters from previous elections is showing up to vote for the True Finns. Early voting started 8am on Wednesday and will end 6pm 12th of April. Early votes will be tallied beginning 3pm on election day, the 17th April.

The Early Voting system has been in place in Finland from 1970. 40% of voters vote early with the remaining 60% choosing to vote on election day. Early voting takes place at designated polling stations.